Wednesday, April 04, 2007

BOB-Fractions

This unit really refreshed my memory on adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing fractions. The unit started out really easy and ended kind of easy too. The hardest part I think was trying to figure out what operation you had to do when answering a word problem but I think I've got the hang of it. The easiest part was multiplying fractions. All you had to do was multiply the numerators and then the denominators. I did learn some new things like that you can cross reduce in questions and how to estimate the answer to a division question using pictures.

We did an un-fraction math project in math. My partner was Amy and we decided on making a slide show for our project. First we had to do the background information of our project. I think that we did a good job and will get a fairly good mark. Here is the link to our project. We also did a purple booklet that had problems all about fractions. It wasn't easy and it wasn't hard. Most of our test questions were based on that booklet.



I hope the upcoming units are easy just like this one and that I hope that I am ready for this part on the exam.


-jaymie S.-

No comments: